1. Carefully place the blade of the tin opener
vertically on the edge of the lid of the tin and press firmly. The blade will cut down. Be careful. If you don't press firmly the blade of the tin or the tin opener is not sharp enough, the blade may slip to the side and hurt you.
2. Keep the blade down into the hole you just made, this time as parallel as possible to reach the edge of the tin.
3. Push the blade down and gently open another hole.
4. Align the groove on the can opener with the raised thin edge on the edge of the tin.
5. Cut up and down, ring forward.
6. The edge of the lid will be sharp. Do not touch with your hands.